The number one reason for scratched lenses is improper cleaning. The second reason is poor handling and storage of safety eyewear.
The best way to make sure your eyewear is long-lasting and high-performing is through proper care, cleaning, and storage.
Take a moment to think about how you clean and care for your safety eyewear, then take a look at how you can best clean and care for your safety eyewear with these five steps.
Step 1: Lightly blow off any loose dirt or debris from your lenses.
Step 2: Rinse your lenses with cool water.
Step 3: If you have an eyewear cleaning station at work, spray the cleaning solution directly onto the lenses.
Step 4: Use a lens-safe tissue provided at the cleaning station to dry and wipe clean. Let the lenses air dry before re-wearing.
Important: If you don’t have an eyewear tissue dispensing or cleaning station, use a soft microfiber cloth or eyewear approved tissue to dry the lens after rinsing off with water. If using HexArmor® safety eyewear, only use HexArmor® cleaning products to clean lenses. This is essential to preserving the performance of TruShield® anti-fog coatings.
Step 5: If you’re not immediately putting the safety eyewear on, store it in a secure spot like a locker, or in a pouch. Never put unprotected safety eyewear in your pocket.
To help ensure your HexArmor® safety eyewear is comfortable, high-performing, and long-lasting for as long as possible, please follow these do’s and don’ts.
- Do not: use silicone-based cleaners
- Do not: use hand sanitizer to clean lens
- Do not: use your shirt to rub lens clean
- Do not: use your saliva to clean the lens
Some of these options will cause detriment to the protective lens coatings, inadvertently scratch your lenses and/or leave a film over your lenses, which defeats the purpose of why you were trying to clean them in the first place.
Instead, try these options to help you properly clean and care for your safety eyewear. Depending on how dirty your lenses are, there are several options.
- Do: lightly blow off any loose dirt or debris from the lens
- Do: use a soft microfiber cloth or eyewear-approved tissue to clean the lens
- Do: rinse your lenses with cool water and wipe clean with lens-safe tissue
- Do: only use HexArmor® cleaning products to clean lenses by spraying eyewear-specific cleaning solution directly onto the lens and wipe clean with lens-safe tissue
- Do: store eyewear in a secure spot like a locker or pouch; never in your pocket
Following these steps will help you increase the longevity and usefulness of your safety eyewear. If you have questions or comments, please contact us today at 1.877.MY.AMOR or visit www.hexarmor.com.